Bringing Back Family Game Night!
Whether you are passing time inside during the heat of the day or staying up late on summer nights, it's always the perfect time to play a game as a family! One of the blessings of this crazy new norm brought on by COVID-19 has been more time at home together as a family. This time has included movies, meals, and trying new games. So put down the phones and tablets, turn off the TV, and fight for the title of reigning game champ in your home!
Here is a list of our top 10 favorites for you to check out!
1. Telestrations is the visual version of the classic “telephone game” where you draw what you see, then guess what you saw to reveal hilarious outcomes!
2. Blokus is the perfect strategy game for the whole family less than a minute to learn with fun challenges for all ages!
3. Mexican Train and Chicken Foot are both fun domino games! The goal is to try to get rid of as many dominoes as possible and have the lowest score based on the dominoes remaining.
4. UNO is the classic card game of matching colors and numbers. Players take turns matching one of their cards with the color or number card shown on the top of the deck.
5. Sequence: Play a card from your hand, and place a chip on a corresponding space on the game board. When you have five in a row, it's a Sequence.
6. Wahoo is a cross and circle board game similar to Parchisi that involves moving a set number of marbles around the board, trying to get them into the safety zone. Similar games include Sorry!, Aggravation and Chinese Checkers.
7. Apples to Apples: Try to impress the judge with the best or most amusing match of red object cards with green descriptive cards and win!
8. Exploding Kittens is a highly strategic kitty-powered version of Russian Roulette. Players take turns drawing cards until someone draws an exploding kitten and loses the game. The deck is made up of cards that let you avoid exploding.
9. Farkle is a dice rolling game where you can take a risk and keep rolling to get a higher score, or play it safe so the player does not lose all the points.
10. Blank Slate: Pick one of the cue cards, write the word you think best completes the phrase, and try to match it exactly to another player's word.